Thank You So Much for Your Comments, it's lovely to see you here!

Sunday, 8 July 2012

Receiving 5 star reviews for Thin Time!

By Angela EllisFormat:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase

I loved reading Thin Time(Task Bearer Series). I am an adult feeling like a child again absorbed into the fantasy and adventure of the story. The description is excellent and very visual and I couldnt put the book down wondering what was next. The characters were really good and we live in a world with so many step- in- laws that we can all relate and identify with them. I loved the humour as well and great to chuckle as well as the vivid imagination potrayed with the creatures and animals. Carole is very inspiring and I am keen to read more of her books.

(Alice is chosen by mistake to be Task Bearer by Fymm, a bad tempered tomb dog who is five hundred years old. She must bring back the New Year seeds to prevent the world from dying and complete her task before Thin Time ends at midnight. Reluctantly she sets out on her dangerous quest with her small stepbrother Thomas, Fymm, and Ratatosk the Messenger Squirrel who cannot be trusted. Attacked by gargoyles and guided by Matilda from the altar tomb in Tong Church, Alice finds the door into Eihwaz, the Tree of Life, and enters the Other World, just as the gnarled roots close over her head. Descending deep in the earth, and helped by the singing cockerel stolen from the church tower, she must face the three terrible Sisters at the Well of Wyrd and the fury of Nidhogg the Snake-Dragon. Fearful her two gifts will not be enough to protect her, for she foolishly ate the third gift in a fit of bad temper, she faces the Niddhogg armed only with a stone and a gargoyle s shield. But even if she finds the seeds and defeats the terrible Niddhogg, she knows that without a loving heart she will never be able to return to her own world. And how will she know if her heart is loving enough before it s too late? Will she be trapped in the Niddhogg's Cave of Mists forever?)

14 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

If you love, it must be good. Thanks, Carole.

Carole Anne Carr said...

How is your writing progressing? I believe you are in the middle of a house sale? I must push myself into finishing River Dark!!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I was doing great until the weather changed and suddenly it's so very hot. LOL, typical Canadian, I am. Always complaining about the weather. I have company coming tomorrow from Manitoba, so I'm washing floors. Not very exciting, but it gives me a chance to write in my head.

Don't push yourself, Carole. Maybe just ease into it.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Yes, it is difficult with all that goes on from day to day, isn't it, Joylene. With an invalid husband who needs me company it can be a little difficult, but as you say it is possible to write in ones head under odd circumstances! :0)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Thin Time sounds great. I look forward to reading it. Hope the Amazon downloads went well.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Rachna, Not as many as people with grown-ups eBooks for sale, for most still buy real books for children, but the friends on blogger, facebook etc rallied round, even if not their thing.
I am soon to make one of my grown-up books, Snakeskin and Failed Feathers into an eBook first and see how that goes. Should be fun. Hope to have it out in the autumn. Oh, and I've found a much more affordable printer with shorter book runs, so very pleased that things are improving. :0)

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Great review, Carole.

Crack You Whip said...

I will have to check this out! I read all types of genre so that I can stay updated on different authors and the market in general.

Enjoyed your review!

klahanie said...

Dear Carole,
Such a wonderful review. And I'm delighted to see further recognition of your fascinating books being shown out there in blogland :)
Hugs and hoping for some sunshine,
Gary x

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Good luck with your books from an ex Rhodesian :) Diane

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Gary, after rain this morning we now have blue sky and sun! I'm hoping it is the same in your part of the country. Carole x

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you so much, Diane, seeing the word Rhodesia brings back so many memories!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations, Carole Anne!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Deniz, I keep struggling on! :0)

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design
Design kit elements from Viva Artistry