Thank You So Much for Your Comments, it's lovely to see you here!

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Thanks for the Encouragement!

Ludlow (c) Michael Maggs
It's May Fair Day in Ludlow and my invalid husband, who enjoys a short walk every day, is keen to visit the fair. So I'd better provide the lunch and close down this computer! 

“Oh I have been to Ludlow Fair/And left my necktie God knows where,” wrote A.E. Houseman over a century ago. During his lifetime Houseman was best known as a classical scholar and so his “pints and quarts of Ludlow beer” may have been, like another recently boasted 14 pints a day, more a product of imagination than of memory. 

Work Progress

Saturday 5th May:  22,801 words and counting. Half way through editing the first chapter.

14 comments:

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

I've been wanting to say this for some time -- your graphics on your sidebar and header make me smile every-time I open your blog. They really express joy. -- barbara

Christine Rains said...

That picture is gorgeous. Have fun at the fair! :)

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Barbara, I do try to cheer people up as much as I can, I've spent many years taking communion to the sick and it wasn't the actual communion that was the most important thing, it was the chatting and sharing.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Christine, it did bring back many memories for my husband and myself - memories of exciting visits to the fair when very young.

klahanie said...

Dear Carole,
Oh my, happy editing and all the fun of the fair, awaits thee....

Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!

Geo. said...

I've only newly discovered you. Delighted with your A-Z take on many books that are old friends to this family, as well as many I'd never heard of. I believe I'll learn here. My compliments.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Carole Anne Carr" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors to here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/05/sunday-drive.html

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Gary, the fair brought back so many childhood memories. x

Carole Anne Carr said...

So pleased to meet you, Geo.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks, CAMB!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Jerry. E. !

erica and christy said...

What a beautiful picture! Congrats on your WIP progress. christy

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank's Christy, there is always so much to do as well. :0)

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design
Design kit elements from Viva Artistry