Thank You So Much for Your Comments, it's lovely to see you here!

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Good Heavens! I won!


(You might like to know what I bought with my prize money - no prizes for guessing by the way- I bought children's books!)

I received an email from the author Meradeth Houston and found I'd a 25$ prize to spend on Amazon! It really cheered me up, a wonderful start to the day!  Thank you so much, Meradeth. 

It was all to do with Meradeth's blog tour advertising the publication of her book Colors Like Memories, a fascinating title and a fascinating book: 

Julia has a secret: she killed the guy she loved. It was an accident—sort of. Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen.

24 comments:

Laurel Garver said...

Congrats, Carole Anne. Sounds like a fascinating premise. Do let us know what you think of it.

Amanda Heitler said...

Most excellent :)

I agree with Laurel that the Sary sound like a fascinating concept. Looking forward to hearing your thougths.

Clarissa Draper said...

Congrats! I hope you like the book.

Julie Mellors said...

Well done you :-)

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations! :)

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks, G.E. I bought some great children's books. :0)

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you all for your comments. I forgot to say I didn't win the book, I won money to buy anything from Amazon, and I'm afraid, surprise, surprise, I bought children's books! But I do think those of you who do read 'grown-up' books would really enjoy it, it does sound really fascinating.

Heather Murphy said...

Congratulations!

Lynda R Young said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Lynda, always a lovely surprise and cheered me up.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Congratulations! When you buy a lot of books on Amazon, a 25 dollar gift is a lot.

Carole Anne Carr said...

It certainly is, Peaches, and I was able to buy children's books that I always wanted to read.

The Desert Rocks said...

Oh that will be fun to spend on Amazon. Congrats!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks, Eve, I bought more children's books, I never have enough! :0)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Congratulations, Carole. Can't wait to hear what you thought of each book. Bravo.

Carole Anne Carr said...

As I had to buy them from Amazon.com, they will take a while to reach me, but I'll certainly post. :0)

Susan Kane said...

What an intriguing plot! Very creative!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Yes, Susan, it does draw you in and make you want to read more.

meradeth said...

I'm so happy to hear that you purchased some fun books to read! Thanks for posting, too, I really appreciate it!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congrats, Carole! I too bought many books few days back.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations for winning $25. How exciting!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Very great surprise, Debs.

Murees Dupé said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting and you get to go shop. Yay!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks Murees, I bought some great children's books!

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design
Design kit elements from Viva Artistry