Thank You So Much for Your Comments, it's lovely to see you here!

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

O is for Outstanding, or to tell the truth a reason for adding this book!

I missed Alan Gardner's books at the beginning of the A-Z, but having scanned my children's book section again  I couldn't leave him out. But which of his books to chose? I finally decided to select The Weirdstone of Brisingamen. It is suitable for children from the age of 8 years. 

A company of knights lie sleeping in the heart of a hollow hill, waiting for the day when they will be awakened to fight for the forces of good against evil. But the magic stone which binds them - the Weirdstone of Brisingamen has been lost and Nastrond the Spirit of Darkness is gaining strength in the hearts of men. 
Susan and Colin on a visit to Alderley in Cheshire suddenly find themselves persecuted by goblins, witches, and warlocks. They realise too late that they are after the stone that Susan wears round her neck.....

2 comments:

Amanda Heitler said...

Oh my. Such a good book. I had nightmares over it. It has such a sense of place and was probably the first book I read that made me look properly at the countryside I was in.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Wonderful, Amanda, that is what every children's author would love to hear.

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design
Design kit elements from Viva Artistry