Thank You So Much for Your Comments, it's lovely to see you here!

Thursday, 31 March 2011

The A to Z Challenge

For the month long challenge I read that Jayne at  A Novice Novelist is blogging about her favourite children's characters and thought I'd do the same, I hope she doesn't mind. However, I shall use all the fictional characters I have written about, both published or not, both child and grown-up, and maybe invent some along the way. That would be useful.

This lovely charcoal drawing is from the artist Sophie Bignall and this is one illustration she completed for my novel Thin Time.  You will find information about her work and her website on the right hand column of this blog. Her rates are extremely reasonable and she has designed two of my books covers.
The drawing above is of the tomb girl in Tong Church. Alice my heroine of Thin Time has scribbled her name on the stone statue, more about that later, and so, having to begin with the letter A, Alice it will be.

18 comments:

Justine Dell said...

What a wonderful A-Z topic!

And it's great that you have such a wonderful friend who helps you!

Good luck on the challenge!

~JD

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks, Justine, using this exercise to think about my characters should be useful. See how I go..

Susan Kane said...

It has been a challenge, but a good stretch of one's writing. I looked at things and events in my life that affected me in some way. Most are snapshot memories.
I look forward to reading your postings.

Candyland said...

Ahh! Perfect way to start the challenge! Can't wait to read:)

Joylene Butler said...

Someone else I know just completed the A-Z month of March. What a wonderful idea. I'm actually trying to cut down on the number of blogs I do. Quality over quantity. But let's face it, working with editors takes up most of my time. To relax, I read your blog posts, Carole. They're always delightful and so uplifting. THANKS!

Neil said...

Very nice!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you, Susan, as you say, it is a challenge, but one hopefully I'll be able to use.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you so much, Candace.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Neil,hoped you would approve! :0)

Carole Anne Carr said...

You always say the right thing, Joylene, and keep me going. Many, many thanks.

Ann Best said...

Oh, this is post is SO beautiful. And your topic is going to be so much fun to read about. I'm looking forward to it. I want to read your novel Thin Time. I love the title.

Carole Anne Carr said...

I hope my A to Z blog will interest you in my characters, Ann. I'm not very good at really examining what makes them tick, I suppose it is because I write for children and the action is just as important as the little people's personalities, but I can always improve. Kind regards, Carole.

L'Aussie said...

Great take on the challenge. This is my second challenge comment. Early. I was going with US time. In a way it would be better to have posts spread over the nearly 2 days of different time zones.

Denise<3

L'Aussie said...

Or maybe this wasn't your first post? Never mind...

Kittie Howard said...

Perfect topic! I love how bloggers come together. Have fun with the challenge!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Denise, I was about to post after midnight, it's now just 1st April, and the post I was saving as draft ended up showing on the list of posted blogs.. sigh.. oh, well, it's now JUST the new day, so I'll post it officially... hugs..

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you Kittie, I'm not looking forward to Z, but the other letters I think I'll be able to cope with... :0)

Jayne said...

Aw, I'm so pleased to have inspired you! I don't mind a bit, and look forward to catching up with your posts! :)

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design
Design kit elements from Viva Artistry